What is this course about?
It is a course oriented for those who want to learn the Structured Query Language (SQL) for relational databases. We will extract, insert, update and delete data from Oracle Database. Additionally, we will create tables, views, indexes and familiarize ourselves with the different SQL functions in Oracle.
Objectives of the course
Generate the skills and abilities to the participant in the SQL language to obtain information from a relational database and to apply this knowledge in their professional life.
For whom is the course?
Informatics who want to learn the use of relational database.
- Concepts of RDBMS (Relational Database Management System).
- Concept of Relational Database (Table, Rows, Columns, Views, Indexes, Synonyms).
- Installation of Oracle Database 19c on Windows Server 2019.
- SQL Clients (SQL*Plus, Oracle SQL Developer, Oracle Live SQL, TOAD, PL/SQL Developer).
- Entity-Relationship Model. Primary and Foreign Keys. Normalization.
- Data types and formats.
- Sample schemas (HR, OE).
- Syntax of SQL (SELECT).
- How to write SQL queries?.
- Differences between dialects SQL (Oracle, T-SQL, ANSI).
- Relational Operators.
- Functions by type of data.
- Aliases in tables and columns.
- Data Restriction (Conditions: IN, LIKE, NOT NULL, BETWEEN, EXISTS).
- Use of DISTINCT.
- Group function (GROUP BY).
- Group restrictions (HAVING BY).
- SQL JOIN (INNER, OUTER).
- Operators UNION, MINUS, INTERSECT.
- Data Query Language (DQL): SELECT.
- Data Manipulation Language (DML): INSERT, UPDATE, DELETE, MERGE.
- Data Definition Language (DDL): CREATE, ALTER, DROP, TRUNCATE, COMMENT, RENAME.
- Data Control Language (DCL): GRANT, REVOKE.
- Transactional Control Language (TCL): COMMIT, ROLLBACK, SAVEPOINT.
- Creating tables using subquery (CREATE TABLE .... AS SELECT ...).
- Inserting rows by subquery.
What will you learn in this training?
At the end of the course, the participant will: a) have the ability to obtain information from Oracle database, b) perform operations of: insertion, update and deletion of data. Also, create and manipulate relational objects.
The participant to our course must have basic computer knowledge.
Classroom Training, a total of 20 hours of classes.
Comfortable, clean and air-conditioned environment. It includes snacks.
A certification of attendance will be delivered.
The next course will be announced.
Are you interested?
If you liked the content of our course, contact us by email email@example.com.